As a group of international companies, our client manufactures and distributes a wide range of innovative ingredients and application solutions. Their ingredients are tailor-made for the markets they serve, covering the bread, pastry, cake and confectionery sectors.
As a senior member of the leadership team, you will have the strategic vision to provide a long term product development strategy, supporting local, associate and export businesses. You will be influencing and committing this strategy and ensuring that the department fulfills its objective.
- Accountable for all elements of product development operation.
- Direct people management for team members, provision and operation of the team facilities.
- Prioritization and efficient use of team resources.
- Recruitment of new individuals when required.
- Ensuring that the department meets its key deliverables and KPIs.
- Setting the department budget and ensuring the the department costs are kept within this agreed budget.
- To bring knowledge and technical analysis during times of product crisis and to assist the business to resolve the issue quickly and effectively.
- Represent the business and team with customers during times of crisis to help assure customers that the issue is in hand and can be resolved.
- Supporting sister companies and ensuring that information is shared with sister companies following the inter-company e-mail system where appropriate.
- To present product innovation and technology to customers to assist in business development.
- Preparing and communicating departmental reports
Minimum 10-15 years of working experience in the food industry; 5 years of people management experience.
- Essential - to have a good technical understanding of bakery ingredient formulation and application, bread and confectionery.
- Desirable - knowledge of flour correction and fortification as used by millers. Able to discuss this expertly with peers both within company and also with customers.
Commercially aware, understanding the need for product development to produce formulae which meet cost in use targets. Experience of collaboration with manufacturing, ensuring developments can be successfully scaled up for production.
Position will be based in Shah Alam