Based in Hong Kong, our client is a flagship multi-strategy investment management company focusing on both public and private investments. Since its inception in 2017, the company has been focusing on investments in the North Asia and Europe market - South East Asia is the next phase. They are now working on an investment opportunity in the digital banking space in Malaysia. In view of this new venture, the company is in the process of identifying a Chief Executive Officer to pioneer the start-up of the 1st Virtual Bank in Malaysia.
Reporting to the Board, your responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Communicating, on behalf of the company, with shareholders, government entities, and the public.
• Leading the development of the company's short- and long-term strategy.
• Creating and implementing the company or organisation's vision and mission.
• Evaluating the work of other executive leaders within the company.
• Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
• Assessing risks to the company and ensuring they are monitored and minimised.
• Setting strategic goals and making sure they are measurable and achievable.
• This role is ideal for someone who has the right mix of leadership, passion, energy and experience to build a new digital business in the financial services sector. The ideal candidate is business savvy, has an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative nature, and a vast network in the financial services industry and start up ecosystem.
• In addition to being the face, voice and spirit of the company, the candidate must demonstrate a track record in managing the P&L of a successful financial services business.
• University degree, preferably MBA in the field of business administration and finance.
• Excellent leadership, negotiation, management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work strategically, but also hands-on problem solving.
• Track record of building innovative, creative, and collaborative teams.
• Strong desire to lead from a strategic and tactical perspective in all aspects of day to day company operations.